Friday, December 12, 2014

Delaware

I finally got to a quilt shop after Hawaii!

It's been almost a month, but I got to run away from the truck long enough to visit a shop in Delaware.


I was also lucky enough to meet the owner, Mr. Hayes! That was pretty cool, and his shop - Hayes Sewing Machine Co - is pretty famous for the machines he sells and repairs and such. He's been in business for over 40 years, and they've built a pretty awesome customer base with it.


They had quite a selection of fabric as well...


                                                                   ...but none that really said "Delaware" to me.


So I chose some cute fish fabric 'cause I figured, "Delaware is by the Atlantic, and they've got some nice beaches. Plus, there's lots of animal stuff (museums and observatories), so it's a win-win!" Not sure if it was a good choice, but I like the fabric I got ^.^ And I also got this super cute giraffe fabric, since I'm absolutely obsessed with giraffes. It's actually amazing I wrote this many posts without mentioning that, haha.


And that's pretty much all I've done since Hawaii. The hexie flowers I was working on have since turned into a pillow top for my cousin's wedding, but it's not quite done yet. Christmas is definitely going to be hectic this year, what with visiting family and her wedding and grocery shopping and only having a few days to do it....but we'll manage. I'm really looking forward to being home and seeing my poodle, as well as getting some stuff prepped for more sewing!

I'm also going to be starting a Disney Princess quilt soon enough, and I'm really excited about that! I've got quite a thing for Disney Princesses, and so does my niece! So that's a paper piecing adventure that I'll be starting as soon as I get home. It'll definitely take some work, but I'll post my progress as I go!

I also want to thank the few of you who are actually reading all my posts! Until next time~



States I’ve purchased fabric from:
Oregon
Missouri
New York
Washington
Hawaii
Delaware
 

1 comment:

  1. Adorkable fabrics! Glad you got a chance to stop :) ~Mom

    ReplyDelete