Saturday, February 7, 2015

Howdy, Y'all!



Yep, I’m cheesy like that.

Sorry for such a long hiatus, I’m not very good at this whole blogging thing. But I got to another shop! It was about a mile away from where we parked, and it was in Texas so it was really hot (even in January) but it was worth it. A cute little shop called B & B Quilting in Buda, but it had quite a few bolts of fabric. I got to meet one of the owners, and she helped check me out, which was pretty awesome.

Just inside the door, though there's a lot more to it than this.
They had this cool “Surprise!” pattern, where there’s fabric folded around one main fabric, like one of those paper fortune tellers we used to make. I almost got the pattern, but I’d rather use that money towards fabric. It’s pretty cool though, especially for a kid or baby:



Since Texas is the biggest state, I wasn’t too worried about the big print of this one.  And the hubby and I both thought it was a pretty great fit for Texas. Plus, it went along with the general theme I’ve decided on so far, which is the graphic fabric that’s really direct. The Washington fabric is the best example so far.

I also got this really sweet wavy fabric that I think will look absolutely fantastic as binding for something. I should have gotten more, but this should be good for a baby quilt or something at least.


And then there’s this clock fabric, which I just couldn’t say no to. I really love clocks for whatever reason, and surprisingly I don’t find clock fabric very often. That could just be because I don’t look, but either way, I was excited to find this one :)


Lastly, I guess I’m collecting dog fabric too, because I got this super cute fat quarter as well. What can I say? I love dogs! Also, I miss our baby (a ferocious Peekapoo – Pekinese-Poodle mix – named Kuma, which is Japanese for bear), who’s staying with his grandma back in Oregon. 10 ½ pounds of pure Little Dog Syndrome fury, but we both love him like the four-legged child he is. So, yknow, dog fabric is my outlet I guess =P

 
We visited B & B Quilting on January 29th, I’ve just been stalling to write and post this. I’m lazy, there’s really no other way to say that, haha. Since then, I’ve also got Nebraska checked off my list, so I’ve got one more post coming soon!


States I’ve purchased fabric from:
Delaware
Hawaii
Missouri 
Montana
New York
Oregon
Texas
Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment