Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Finally, another! Ohio!

Well, it has been a WHILE! It's really quite sad that it took me this long to get to another shop =/

I did get to Fabric Depot in Portland on my way home between South Dakota and now, but I go there all the time and I had a shopping list for that one, so it doesn't really count.

The shop I visited in Ohio was called The Little Shop of Stitches (which is a fantastic name, if I do say so myself. I'm a huge fan of musicals, especially Little Shop of Horrors, so I was pretty excited about this one).




It was a cute little shop, though the name is misleading. They had just purchased the building next to their original shop, and they use it as their classroom, so the shop is actually a lot bigger than I was expecting. In fact, it had a separate bathroom for each gender! Talk about fancy :)



My hubby, who usually hides from cameras :)

As for state fabric, I decided on birds! Ohio is very nature-y, so it seemed fitting.

This is their state bird, the cardinal. I figured I could fussy cut one of the birds out of this, and maybe apply it to this fabric:

This fabric follows my general pattern idea, so I figured I could put one of the detailed cardinals on top of this, or something along those lines. Not sure yet, we'll see~

That's all I've got shop-wise, but I'm also almost done with Operation: Pretty Princess, I just have to put the blocks together and quilt it! Here's the princesses I didn't include before:












From top to bottom: Pocahontas, Merida, Jasmine,  Anna, Tiana, Belle, Ariel, Rapunzel, and Kida.

Since I took these pictures, I got their noses/chins embroidered, and I decided on the layout of each princess:


 You can sort of see their noses/chins in this pic, as well as the general layout I'm going for. There's still some "borders" I'm adding to each princess, before sewing them all together and adding one more border around the edge! I'll have pics for that as soon as I've got it done, which should be pretty soon.

That's all for now! The dinosaur quilt is currently at my mom's house, where I'm working on it during my home visits because it's not very easy to work on while on the road. Pics for that to come as well, as soon as I've made better progress~

States I’ve purchased fabric from:
Delaware
Hawaii
Missouri 
Montana
Nebraska
New York
Ohio
Oregon
South Dakota
Texas
Washington

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you've done all of this in a big rig, except...I know you have! Well done, and YEAH~another fabric shop! :) (((HUGS))) mom

    ReplyDelete